The Ras Al Khaimah Media Free Zone was launched in January 2006. RAKFTZ is being developed because of the increasing cost of living in Dubai, which makes Ras Al Khaimah an alternative place to go. RAK Free Trade Zone authority has licensed Mirage Holdings Freezone Company, LLC, Ras Al Khaimah, to operate the entire Film and Media City.
The RMFZ will lease land to investors who wish to set up their own media facilities, be it a printing press, a film studio, an advertising agency, a magazine office or a television studio.
RAK Media Zone Advantages
- A global media hub
- Business-friendly regulations
- Lower operational costs
- Easy access to a large market rich with untapped potential
- World-class infrastructure & facilities.
- State-of-the- art offices.
- High tech communication facilities
- Internal work environment.
- Ideal out sourcing destination.
- Accommodation & recreation