Dubai Internet City (DIC) provides a strategic and cost effective platform for ICT companies targeting emerging markets. The area ranging from the Middle East to the Indian subcontinent, and from Africa to Central Asia provides a $6.7 trillion to target. Launched in the year 2000, DIC currently houses an international community of ICT companies including global giants like Microsoft, Cisco Systems, IBM, HP, Dell, Siemens, Sun Microsystems, Computer Associates, PeopleSoft and Sony Ericsson. Many small and medium businesses (SMB) and several entrepreneurial ventures are also part of the community.
What are the Benefits of Dubai Internet City?
- One of the world’s largest managed ICT clusters and a member of TECOM Investments
- Specified free zone for IT related activities
- Many small and medium businesses (SMBs) and promising entrepreneurial ventures are part of the DIC community.
- The cluster comprises companies from a variety of sectors – Software Development, Business Services, Web Based and e-Commerce, Consultancy, Sales and Marketing and Back Office
- An environment that attracts all elements of the ICT value chain
- Several programmes that can be leveraged by the community to explore and expand channel development opportunities.
- Companies are privy to an advanced Metro Ethernet broadband infrastructure and a range of business-enabling services including government transactions
- DIC has the world’s largest commercial IP Telephony network
Dubai Internet City was also cited as a key driver in the Economist Intelligence Unit report for the UAE’s economic transformation which has helped position the country as leaders in the MENA region today.